2007 Wisconsin State SHRM Conference
Exhibitor Information Packet
Wednesday, October 10th – Friday, October 12th
(Click here to download a printable pdf of the Exhibitor Information)
Thank you for considering the opportunity to exhibit at the 2007 WI State SHRM Conference. Over 600 human resource professionals attend our conference from across the State of Wisconsin each year. This year’s conference is being held in La Crosse, WI at the La Crosse Center. The following should provide you with additional information about this exhibit opportunity:
Exhibit Hall Hours
|Wednesday, October 10th
||12 noon – 4:00 p.m.
||Exhibit Hall Set-up
||4:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
||Exhibit Opening Night
|Thursday, October 11th
||9:30 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
||Exhibit Hall Open all day
“Gemutlickkeit” means “the spirit of friendship”
|Thursday’s Breaks in Exhibit Hall
||9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
||Morning break in the Exhibit Hall
||12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
||Lunch in the Exhibit Hall
||2:30 p.m. – 3:15 p.m.
||Afternoon break in the Exhibit Hall
||3:15 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
||Exhibit Hall tear down
Please note: We are marketing to attendees that the exhibit hall will be open from 9:00 a.m. – 3:15 p.m. on Thursday. It is expected that you will have someone available to staff your booth during these hours.
This year’s theme is “Oktoberfest.” We have chosen red and orange as the colors for the exhibit hall.
Wednesday, October 10th - “Join us for a Volksmarch”-- A “Volksmarch” is a trail walk (originated in Europe) with checkpoints and refreshments along the way.
“Volksmarch” kicks off as the doors to the Exhibit Hall open at 4:30 p.m. As you speak to the various attendees about your company’s products and service, we will ask for your help in providing attendees with uniquely designed buttons to pin on to their conference bags or lanyards. After each attendee has collected at least 20 buttons, they will be able to register for a chance to win an exclusive prize at the end of the evening.
Thursday, October 11th – Join us for a SHRM Gemutlickkeit– means “the spirit of friendship”
As the doors to the Exhibit Hall open at 9:00 a.m., attendees will have the opportunity to help their local SHRM chapter by hunting for clues to answer a “Trivia” question. The clues will be in the form of alphabetical letters that we will need your help to distribute to attendees. Attendees will be asked to bring their “Trivia” answer to the festival planned for Thursday evening. There they will enjoy a festive dinner at a table with others from their local chapter while enjoying and dancing to the music from an official Oktoberfest band. There will be a Gold, Silver and Bronze reward for the chapters who submit the highest percentage of completed “Trivia” answers. The top three (3) chapters with the highest percentage of completed forms will win money for their local chapter. Even if a local chapter doesn’t place, each participant who submits a completed “Trivia” activity will have his/her name entered into a prize drum.
- The Exhibit Hall opens just before the keynote ends on Thursday morning. During the day we will be having our morning and afternoon breaks with beverages and plenty of snacks. In addition, lunch with dessert stations will be served in the Exhibit Hall.
Friday, October 12th
- With the Exhibit Hall closing at 3:15 p.m. on Thursday, you are still welcome to attend the conference as a participant on Friday. Please note that your meal expense is not included in the exhibitor pricing. If you wish to attend breakfast or lunch on Friday you are more then welcome, just make sure to sign up. The pricing is listed below.
Wednesday night you are welcome to partake in the appetizers throughout the hall. There will also be three cash bars throughout the hall
As an exhibitor with each booth you purchase you will be provided with two lunches and two passes into the Thursday night event.
Lunch will be delivered to your booth during the first break out session between 10:30 a.m. and 11:45 a.m. on Thursday. If you need additional meal packages besides the two provided for lunch and the Thursday Evening Event you can purchase them for:
- Thursday Lunch - $20 each
- Thursday Evening Event - $35 each
- Friday Breakfast and Lunch, plus keynotes $50 each
Booth Prize Give-Aways
If you would like to collect business cards at your booth for a prize there are two different ways we ask that you work with us to distribute them:
Option One – Media Screen Listing
You will be able to start drawing names of the winners on Wednesday night and throughout the day on Thursday. All winners name’s will be posted on a media screen listing the name of the winner and giving them directions to pick up their prize at your booth. Please note: each booth will be limited to posting 4 winners. If your winner(s) do not claim their prize, you may want to consider either sending it to them or dropping it off at their place of business after the conference.
Option Two – Exhibitor Booth Give-Away
You can also choose to coordinate a giveaway right at your booth. This option would allow you to select your own winner. You can determine a time or a process in which you would announce a winner when the exhibit hall is open. If you elect to do your own drawing we ask that you be courteous of your fellow exhibitors in your immediate area by respecting their exhibitor space and the noise level to the extent possible.
The cost of each exhibit booth is $725. Your 10x10 booth includes the following:
- One 8 foot skirted table
- Back and side drapes
- Two chairs
- Carpeted Exhibit Hall
- A sign with your business name
- Two sets of meal tickets (Wednesday and Thursday only)
In the past, we have been very supportive of allowing our exhibitors to attend sessions provided the sessions are not full and the exhibitor still maintains a presence at their booth. In recent years, several organizations have registered their HR generalist staff through the exhibitor registration process to avoid the attendee registration fee. Because of this, we are asking that if you have staff that is attending for the main purpose of going to the learning sessions, they must register as an attendee. It is our hope that organizations will respect this.
Food & Beverages
We are under contract with the La Crosse Center for providing all food and beverages. You can bring in a prepared food item provided you do not cook, brew or bake it onsite. In no case can you bring in any beverages of any sort to give-away.
If you would like to advertise in our conference program you can get additional information by going to wishrm.org and clicking on the 2007 WI State SHRM Conference Logo at the top of the web page. Once you are on the website click on “Advertising” section for additional information. Please note if you exhibit there is a 10% discount off of advertising based on the size ad you would like.
Sponsoring is an opportunity to maximize your firm’s exposure at the conference while demonstrating commitment to the HR profession. Sponsorship packages range from $500 to $10,000, with higher levels waiving booth and advertising costs. Our sponsors are also rewarded with preferred placement in the exhibit hall in addition to other recognition opportunities throughout the conference. If you are interested in sponsoring, please click on the sponsorship link during the registration process to be contacted by one of our Sponsorship Co-chairs.
Each year we invite, encourage and support college students that have elected the Human Resource field as their professional path to be active attendees at our conference. As an exhibitor of this conference we are asking for your help to provide the same level of support to educate or provide insights into your products and services to the students. These individuals are the future of our profession and it could only be less then a year away when they are in positions that could influence decision making on your services or products. We really appreciate your willingness to partner with us.
Grand Door Prize Give-Away
An excellent way to receive recognition for your organization is to donate a prize for our Grand Door Prize Give-Away. We are asking that the value of these prizes be of a $100 value or greater. These door prizes will be given away during our event on Thursday evening. Winners will be selected from the prize drum that will be located in the exhibit hall Wednesday night and throughout the day on Thursday.
- Go to wishrm.org and click on the 2007 WI State SHRM Conference logo on the top of the web page. Once you are on the home page for the conference click on Exhibitors and then registration. This will walk you through a step-by-step process to register.
- Organizational ID (email address) & Password - Please realize that when you go to register as an exhibitor the email address of the person registering for your organization will become your user ID. In addition you will be asked to create a password for your organization. Take note of this information as it will be your responsibility to keep up-to-date the names of the individuals from your organization that will be staffing the booth throughout the conference.
- Organization Single Point of Contact – To help facilitate communications for our exhibiting organization this year, when you register on-line, you will be asked to provide us with one point of contact for your organization. All exhibitor updates and information will be forwarded to this one contact. This individual can be different from the individual who registers your organization on-line.
- You will also find a link to our hotels and a timeline for the conference called “Conference at a Glance”, as well as information on conference attire, speaker, sponsorship and advertisement information. This site will continue to be updated until the conference, so make sure to mark it as a favorite and return to it often.
Thank you for your interest in the 2007 WI State SHRM Conference. We look forward to seeing you there. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact:
LaCrosse Center’s Information
The LaCrosse Center will also be our exhibit company this year. The following information should help provide you insight into the services they can offer:
You have two options for Internet Connection:
- DSL is listed on the Rental Form for each exhibitor to pay.
- Wireless internet access will cost a flat rate of $250.00. If you are in need of wired line access, the charge will be $150.00 for day one and $75.00 for any day after.
To sign-up for internet services or to request any other additional items for your booth you will need to fill out the LaCrosse Center’s Equipment Request Form that is attached. This form must be faxed directly to the LaCrosse Center at 608-789-7444.
The Exhibitor hereby engages the La Crosse Center to handle the unloading, delivery to the booth, reloading and processing of freight shipments made to the exposition as described on the bill of lading. All shipments must be prepaid. Advise all persons in charge of your exhibits how and when shipments were made. This will help in tracing missing or delayed shipments. Address all inquiries to La Crosse Center, 300 Harborview Plaza, La Crosse Wisconsin 54601 or call (608) 789-7400.
The La Crosse Center will not accept freight prior to one week of the official set -up day, Shipments arriving early will be refused or diverted to a warehouse in which case there will be a charge for warehousing plus an additional delivery charge by the trucking company.
Bills of Lading Shipments must be prepaid and should be on straight bill of lading, address carefully to indicate number of pieces and weight. If there are heavy items which require special handling or care, please forward in advance to the La Crosse Center with detailed handling instructions.
To: (Name of Exhibitor & Booth Number)
For: (Name of Convention)
La Crosse Center
300 Harborview Plaza
La Crosse, WI 54601
Staffing of Your Booth
We ask that you take full responsibility for staffing your booth during all the hours the exhibit hall is open. The conference committee is not responsible for your booth or any items you have displayed or stored at your booth. So, please make sure to plan accordingly.