College Relations - Current News & Articles
Just a few announcements to relay……..
1. 2013 Wisconsin State Student Conference and HRGames – Congrats to UW-Oshkosh for being awarded the bid to host next year’s event! Everyone mark your calendars to join us for what is sure to be a great time on March 8-9, 2013. More updates to come as we continue through the planning process. Look forward to seeing everyone there!
2. 2012 Wisconsin State Leadership Conference – Thank you to the students who stopped to chat about College Relations in the Global Café at the State Leadership Conference at the Stone Harbor Resort in Door County. I am excited about the ideas that were discussed and look forward to hearing how these ideas are put to use.
3. FREE MONEY!
The SHRM Foundation is giving 40 scholarships through their Student Scholarship program. They are pleased to announce that applications are now available online August 1 – November 1. More than $50,000 will be awarded this year to active SHRM student members studying and excelling in a Human Resources or related program. The following 40 scholarships will be awarded: 10 Undergraduate Education Awards of $2,500 each, 1 Lisa Burke Award (undergraduates) of $2,500, 4 Graduate Education Awards of $5,000 each, and 25 Awards for the Assurance of Learning Assessment of $200 each. Eligible students may apply online or view additional information here: SHRM Foundation Student Scholarship
4. Assurance of Learning Assessment
- The registration for the fall test window opens August, 16th. Visit www.shrm.org/assessment to register. Questions? Contact the Assurance of Learning hotline at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-283-7476 x3926 (EXAM).
5. 2013 WI SHRM College Relations Director Elect
- The State Council is now accepting applications/nominations for the College Relations Director Elect for next year. This person will work closely with me to learn the Director role and in 2014 will assume the Director role. We are looking for those with interest in this role so they can be involved in the planning of the 2013 Student Conference and HRGames and then lead the planning of the 2014 event. This is a volunteer position with many perks. If you’re interested in this role, please contact me directly or visit the website here: State Council Nominations
I hope everyone had a great summer - the new school year is right around the corner!!
Wisconsin SHRM College Relations DirectorUpdated - 8/16/2012
HR Young Professionals (HRYP)
Have you heard the news? SHRM has launched an exciting new HR Young Professionals program! This program aims to supplement the professional network offered by our more than 575 chapter affiliates, with special attention paid to those SHRM members who are just starting out in their HR careers.
SHRM's HR Young Professionals (HRYP) group helps create a foundation for SHRM's professional members age 30 and under by providing resources and educational opportunities relevant to the young HR professional today and building community for the next generation of HR leadership through social media and networking activities.
HRYP on the Web
Please take a few moments to check out the new HRYP webpage, located within the SHRM website at www.shrm.org/yp. Here, you'll find resources that young professionals have identified as those they seek most often! The HRYP website is also where SHRM will promote events and activities for our young professional members. The new website will include additional functionality and features throughout 2010, so be sure to bookmark it and check back often!
Call for Volunteers
YP volunteers are needed! SHRM is looking for volunteers to guide and support our new HRYP program. Volunteers are needed for:
- HR Young Professionals networking events
- YP Advisory Team
- SHRM mentor programs
- Social media/ community content contributors
- And more!