College Relations - Position Description & Duties
The College Relations Director is responsible for assisting and promoting student chapter activities within the State. Responsible To:
State Director ResponsibiliIties:
- Attend all State Council meetings and actively participate in Council matters.
- Serve as a liaison between student chapters and the State Council.
- Promote and assist with the formation of new student chapters by identifying potential sites and working with local professional chapters to develop these student chapters.
- Serve as a communications link between student chapters and the National College Relations Committee and National SHRM in disseminating information relative to student activities and programs, utilizing SHRM resources where available.
- Coordinate a state student conference, HR Games, and other activities, encouraging professional SHRM members’ participation and support of such events and supporting the host chapter as needed.
- Attend and assist with North Central Regional HR Games Competition.
- Work with both faculty advisors and local chapter presidents to encourage student participation in local professional chapter meetings and professional conferences.; providing financial assistance when funds are available.
- Provide guidance to educational institutions as it relates to SHRM activities and the promotion of student involvement in SHRM.
- Promote the development and provision of scholarships for college students pursuing degrees with a Human Resources emphasis or with acquiring HRCI certification.
- Promote the Human Resources as a professional field of pursuit within educational institutions and provide assistance, such as donating HR-related educational materials as applicable.
- Encourage Council members to participate in or view volunteer leader college relations webcasts.
- Provide financial support to student chapters as budgeted by the Council.
- Provide scholarships to Student Chapter Presidents attending the SHRM National Conference.
- Participate in Core Leadership Area (CLA) events, including the SHRM National Leadership Conference, to obtain and share news and ideas.
- Attend student chapter meetings as necessary.
- Publish on-line student newsletter.
- Utilize National SHRM resources as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by State Director.
- SHRM membership in good standing required.
- Ability to visit student chapters throughout the state and attend state conferences required.
- HRCI certification preferred.
Serve a one-year term beginning with the first day of January ending the last day of December. May be reappointed for two additional terms for a total service of three years.