The Communications Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Secretary, State Director and other Council members with Council communications.
Responsible To: Secretary
- Update State Council position descriptions as needed.
- Work with Administrative Management Company to maintain a regularly updated council member list.
- Ensure that the "affiliate of" SHRM logo is on all printed materials, products and on the website.
- Assist Secretary in maintaining the bylaws of Council and draft updates as necessary.
- Create and facilitate the yearly communication plan with Secretary.
- Facilitate state and national e-blasts for the Council.
- Ensure that website content is up-to-date. Perform regular review of website and obtain technical updates with third party companies as needed.
- Assist Secretary with the Council magazine.
- Recognize new Council members and exiting Council members, including acknowledgements to their employers for allowing members to volunteer.
- Annually request HR Professionals Day proclamation and assist with press releases to various media and Chapters around the State.
- Coordinate council volunteer appreciation event at State Conference.
- Assist Secretary with the administration of Council Partnerships.
- Assist other Council members on various special projects and council communication for events, conferences, or activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by State Director or Secretary.
Not required to attend State Council meetings. National SHRM membership in good standing required. HRCI certification preferred.
Serves a one-year term beginning the first day of January and ending the last day of December. May be re-elected for two additional terms for a total of three years.