SHRM Foundation - Position Description & Duties
The Foundation Director represents the interests of the SHRM Foundation and its activities to the State.
- Educate the chapters and the State Council regarding the purpose and ongoing activities (e.g., the Chapter Champions Program) of the SHRM Foundation, including promoting the SHRM Foundation and its fund development needs at state conferences, State Councils, and chapters.
- Encourage chapters, the State Council, and State Council members to contribute financially to the SHRM Foundation as a show of support for the Human Resources profession, ensuring that at least 50% of the chapters made a contribution to the SHRM Foundation.
- Advise and update the State Council and chapters of the Foundation's activities and fund development needs.
- Promote the SHRM Foundation regional scholarship program.
- Utilize National SHRM resources as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by State Director.
- SHRM membership in good standing required.
- HRCI certification preferred.
Appointment is made by the State Director with the concurrence of the Area Vice President. Serves a one-year term beginning the first day of January and ending the last day of December. May be reappointed for two additional terms for a total service of three years.