Leadership Director - Position Description & Duties
The Leadership Director is responsible for coordinating the leadership, volunteer, Society and human resources-related training and development activities for the State Council, SHRM chapters and their members.
- Attend all State Council meetings and actively participate in Council matters.
- Conduct an annual leadership training program for State Council and Chapter Leaders.
- Assist the State Council and chapters with human resources professional development programs for members.
- Provide support and direction to chapters leaders to complete the SHRM Chapter Achievement Plan.
- Coordinate efforts to identify potential SHRM leaders throughout the State.
- Conduct and continue to improve upon the new Chapter Leaders and Council member orientation programs up to 3 times per year.
- Perform other duties as assigned by State Director.
- SHRM membership in good standing required.
- HRCI certification preferred.
Serves a one-year term beginning the first of January and ending the last day of December. May be re-appointed for two additional terms for a total service of three years.