Workforce Readiness - Position Description & Duties
Serves as an appointed member of the State Council. Monitors and evaluates on a continuing basis national, state, and local activities concerning workforce readiness. Works in cooperation with local chapter Workforce Readiness Advocates.
- Serve as an advocate and program coordinator for workforce readiness State Council activities.
- Attend all State Council meetings and actively participate in Council matters.
- Identify and evaluate issues that impact workforce readiness and develop goals for State Council workforce readiness strategy.
- Serve as a resource for local chapter members on workforce readiness issues and provide leadership to the local chapters on education issues.
- Monitor local activities concerning workforce readiness and provide timely information on education issues to the State Director, local chapter President and local chapter Workforce Readiness Director.
- Develop and support workshops and seminars that address workforce readiness issues.
- Provide special recognition for local chapter members and for local programs that promote betterment of the local workforce through educational process.
- Participate in SHRM Workforce Readiness Core Leadership Area events, including the SHRM National Leadership Conference, the National SHRM Workforce Readiness Conference, and state and regional conferences.
- Participate in the development and implementation of short-term and long-term strategic planning for the State Council.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the State Director.
- SHRM membership in good standing required
- HRCI certification preferred
Serves a one-year term beginning with the first day of January and ending the last day of December. May be reappointed for two additional terms for a total service of three years.
Helen Englebert, SPHR
WI State Council Workforce Readiness Director
Moraine Park Technical College
235 N. National Avenue
Fond du Lac, WI 54935
Phone: (920) firstname.lastname@example.org
Helen is in her first year as State Workforce Readiness Director for the Wisconsin Council-Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), having just completed her second term as the State Leadership Director. Under her past leadership as State Director for WI SHRM, the Council received the Superior Honor Merit award in 2001 and 2002. Helen has been involved with many SHRM conferences throughout the state, and co-chaired in Appleton in 2000. Helen also served on the national SHRM Central Region Board of Directors, and chaired the Central Region SHRM Foundation scholarship committee. Following her year as Chapter President, Helen was awarded the Career Achievement Award for her contributions to the Green Bay Area Chapter-SHRM in 2009.
As part of the Economic and Workforce Development area of Moraine Park Technical College, Helen Englebert partners with organizations to identify their needs and to provide performance-minded solutions to support their business strategies. She is a certified trainer for MSCEIT Emotional Intelligence and Achieve Global Leadership and Customer Service. Helen serves on the NEW North Educational Attainment Committee, and is involved with the NEW Manufacturing Alliance and South Central Chapter of ASTD.
- The National Career Readiness Certificate - Job Service Contacts
- 55% by 2025: The Educational Challenge in the United States
- SHRM Workforce Readiness Advocacy Link: http://www.shrm.org/chapters/
- All Means All School-to-Work Project www.ici.coled.umn.edu/all
- American Council on Education http://www.acenet.edu/
One Dupont Circle, NW Washington, DC 20036
- American Society for Training and Development http://www.astd.org/
1640 King Street, Box 1443, Alexandria, VA 22313-2043
- Association for Career and Technical Education http://www.acteonline.org/
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development http://www.ascd.org/
1703 N. Beauregard Street Alexandria, VA 22311
- Chamber of Commerce of the United States http://www.chamber-of-commerce.com/
1615 H Street NW Washington, DC 20062-2000
- Job Corps (Department of Labor) http://www.jobcorps.org/
- Jobs for the Future http://www.jff.org/
88 Broad Street Boston, MA 02110
- MENTOR/The National Mentoring Partnership http://www.mentoring.org/
1600 Duke Street, Suite 300 Alexandria, VA 22314
- National Academy Foundation http://www.naf.org/
- National Alliance of Business http://www.nab.com/
1201 New York Avenue, NW Suite 700, Washington, DC 20005
- National Association of Partners in Education, Inc. http://www.napehg.org/
901 North Pitt Street, Suite 320, Alexandria, VA 22314
- National Center for Education and the Economy http://www.ncee.org/
- National Employers Leadership Council http://www.neic.org/
1201 New York Avenue, NW,Suite 700, Washington, DC 20005
- National Foundation for the Improvement of Education http://www.nfie.org/
1201 16th Street, NW Washington, DC 20036
- National Skills Standards Board http://www.nssb.org/
1441 L Street NW, Suite 9000, Washington, DC 20005-3512
- No Child Left Behind http://www.nclb.gov/
U.S. Department of Education,
400 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20202
- U. S. Department of Education http://www.ed.gov/
400 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20202-0498
- Vocational Industrial Clubs of America http://www.skillsusa.org/
P.O. Box 3000, Leesburg, VA 20177-0300