State Conference Nominations
Every year Wisconsin SHRM puts together a State Conference for Human Resource Professionals. We are very proud of the success of those conferences through the years. The conferences would not be possible without the dedication and hard work of volunteer professionals who form a planning committee each year.
WI SHRM 2013 State Conference Planning Committee
Interested in a rewarding volunteer opportunity that will pay for your registration at next year’s state conference in beautiful LaCrosse, WI, October 9-11, 2013. Nominations and applications for the 2013 State Conference Planning Committee are now being accepted. SHRM members from across the state are encouraged to apply! Please help spread the word. The annual conference is not possible without the dedication of the conference committee.
Guidelines for the Conference Committee Selection
Future Dates and Locations of Wisconsin State HR Conferences:
The 2013 Conference Co-chairs working with support from the Conference Liaison Director will select the 2013 sub-committee co-chairs.
- Individuals serving in a conference sub-committee co-chair role must submit an application by October 31st of the year prior to the conference year for which they wish to serve.
- Conference sub-committee co-chairs are allowed to serve up to three years in the same role. If someone serves up to 3 years they will be able to apply for a different role on the committee.
- Applicants interested in applying for Exhibit, Programming, Accommodation and Publications committee co-chair roles will be asked to make a 2-3 year commitment.
General Committee Expectations:
- To be considered, all applications must be submitted by the deadline.
- Attend monthly committee meetings from December of the prior year up until the conference date (October). The option to attend via conference call is usually available.
- Fulfill the position requirements as outlined by the Conference Position Descriptions.
- Be present and actively involved "behind the scenes" at the conference. Some committee members are limited to the number of learning sessions they can attend.
- Develop new relationships with HR Professionals across the state and have fun.
October 9 - 11, 2013 La Crosse - La Crosse Center and Radisson Hotel La Crosse
October 15 - 17, 2014 Madison - Monona Terrace Community & Convention Center
October 13 - 16, 2015 Wisconsin Dells - Kalahari Resort & Conference Center
See all State Conference Position Descriptions.
Kari Heilman, PHR
WISHRM Conference Liaison Director